Saturday, January 10, 2015

Rick My Shell Seeker

I met a shell seeker once
his eyes scanned the sea horizon
and he saw and found things I did not understand then

Always, the shells were imperfect and had unique spirals at the tops
he would hide them in his hand and breathe life into the broken parts
When I saw them, I could see all the beauty he found in the imperfection

I hold my shell seeker close in my heart
sometimes it feels as if his heart is helping mine to beat
When I needed to it felt as if I could crawl inside him and rest for a while

I look at all the stars in the sky, reflecting in the water
with their shimmer and changing shape
and I too will move with these ocean waters
I hope he holds me like the imperfect shell and breaths life into my broken places


No comments:

Post a Comment