Monday, May 4, 2015

Dreams

Each night
I pray
that the game Rick and I played
before going to sleep 
will happen for the night
I would ask him to tell me our love story
most times he just laughed
and said, you know that story by heart
then I might suggest
we meet in our dreams
go snorkeling like we did in the West Indies
finding a complete world
of silence and miracle fish
pointing our fingers to show each
other a new find in the quiet Mediterranean seas
so each night
I dream the dream we shared
sometimes I see him in the distance
swimming strong and sure
dreaming of these reunions
is a way to keep my love
buried deep in my heart and memory
it is our special reunion
one I can paint each night
before sleep takes over
sending blessings to those who have lost
but also won

No comments:

Post a Comment