Monday, May 4, 2015

Happiness

I never imagined
how difficult this trip could be
and yet, being at the schools
has been my best therapy
one fifth grade student wrote"
Art inspires me to express how I feel
When I do art I feel at peace
When I know I created something amazing
it makes me really excited and happy
when I do art, all I feel are happy thoughts."
Every day, I hold out hope
that this will come back for me too
All I was just a few months ago
has been such a change
Each grain of truth from these children
leads me to believe that I will be able
to find my place again
It feels like torture now
and the going home
no red truck in the drive
and only the sense of our having
belonged there together
I want to be filled up with happy thoughts
just like a fifth grade student again

No comments:

Post a Comment